Certificate of origin
Certificate of product origin confirms the production of goods in a particular country. It is required for:
- certifying the country of the goods origin;
- exclusion or reduction of the customs duties on import.
Certificate is issued for the batch of goods which the exporter sends to the same address - in most cases, by one invoice and one bill of lading. The validity term of the document is 12 months. The grounds for issuing the document is the examination certificate.
Form of certificates of origin:
- Certificate of origin CT-1. Used in the CIS countries, relieves from duties on import;
- Certificate of Origin "A". Is issued In the United States, Canada, China and the EU countries;
- Certificate of origin of general form. Executed in all the countries;
- Certificate of origin for steel products supplied to the EEC;
- Certificate of origin for textile products supplied to the EEC;
- Certificate of origin for footwear and textiles supplied to Mexico.
Certificate of origin CT-1 indicates that the goods were manufactured and or processed in the country participating in the agreement on establishing a free trade zone o 15.04.1994. Accordingly, when supplying goods from such countries to Russia the supplier get an opportunity to save on VAT
No such certificate is required if:
- The goods imported into Russia will proceed on its territory in transit or are intended for temporary import without payment of various fees and VAT;
- The products are imported by an individual for personal use;
- The total cost of the goods included in the batch is less than 20 000 RUB.
Call INIER +7 800 333-76-14 and get advice on the execution of the certificate of origin!
Regulatory framework for the execution of certificates of origin:
Decree of the RF Government of March 6, 2012 г. N 332-p "On signing the protocol on amendments to the agreement on rules of determining the origin of goods from developing and the least developed countries of December 12, 2008."